Thursday, June 04, 2009

Childhood hero RIP








David Carradine played my favorite TV show character ever...That of Kwai Chang Caine on the TV series Kung Fu. That show and Carradine's character in particular had a huge influence in developing my sense of right and wrong, and the 'way of the world'.

I later saw David Carradine in The Long Riders, Box Car Bertha, and Bound For Glory. No doubt this man was a consummate actor making the hard stuff appear effortless and easy. He was a great actor who was underestimated by many.

I've read all kinds of 'insider' stories and anecdotes about him and much of it was unflattering. It seems to me he lead a troubled life, and perhaps, it is a miracle he didn't kill himself a long time ago. I've also read many stories about him being a kind and generous person, quick with a smile and great to work with.

Whatever the case... his TV and film persona's were my heroes and I will miss him.

No comments: