Friday, May 15, 2009

Change is HARD

'K

I've been struggling to keep up. I have so many things I intend to do for ME for 2009. I made a list then paired it down to about 5 or 6 items that I wanted to either accomplish or undertake in 2009. For some items I'm more than half way through. The year isn't over and I've almost finished some goals. I should feel great and instead I feel like I'm not working hard enough or that I set the bar too low. And that's not true because it's been a struggle to get as much done as I have. If anything perhaps I set the bar too high. I'm feeling burnt out.

I'm in need of some balance. I'm a slow burn. I'm your long haul truck not your speedy delivery.

And this thought has been seeping into my mind ever so slowly....
Simple, positive encouragement, reinforced over and over again is a great antidote to JUDGMENT. I want so much to be done with judgment. It feels like a sickness. It feels out of my control I pass judgments on others and I hear and see people judging me or other people and I don't feel good. I need to stop for my own good. This has proven easier said than done but I'm not giving up.

I don't know who to credit for this quote and I've probably mangled it...but I like it:

"God himself sir, does not presume to judge a man 'till the END of his days, what gives you the right to judge me now?"

No comments: