Thursday, August 07, 2008

Help fill my class

I am the instructor for the new Teen Improv class at comedy Sportz. We will meet 5 consecutive Sunday afternoons for 2 hours 3:30- 5:30. The 5th and last class will be a show for invited friends and family. Classes take place in a 3 story walk up studio in Center City easily accessible by train/subway/bus/bike/foot and car. Unfortunately, the studio is NOT handicap accessible.

I have been the main Comedy Sportz High School league instructor for about 10, 000 years and I love working with teenagers. The energy and enthusiasm they bring to the work is inspiring. We'll learn some improv /performance basics and as many games as we can learn and play well in 8 hours. I'll work at the level of the students enrolled so no one should be concerned about their skill or ability.

Improv is a great way to experience team work, creativity and spontaneous action in a fun and safe environment. Some of the "cheesy mantras" I emphasize with student classes are really the ones that everyone, adult and student, can use on stage --even dare i say it in life "make the OTHER person look good" "Take the WORK seriously not yourself" "I forgive myself"

I need a minimum of 8 students to make this class happen. If you know anyone who might be interested have them contact ComedySportz ASAP. Below is a link to sign up for the class. Deadline for sign up is 5PM Sept 10!

http://www.comedysportzphilly.com/college.html

No comments: