Friday, September 12, 2008

SOS

I need a job in my field or closely related. I am a skilled and talented actor and director. I have experience teaching improv and acting classes and theater skills to corporate people.

What can I do? Act and direct theater is my number one best skill. I can also produce theatrical shows. I can teach theater skills to children and adults. I can teach business people how to use theater skills in the workplace to improve communication, facilitate team work and build morale. The job is often called CORPORATE TRAINER. I am a great public speaker.

Contact me if you can assist in any way.

______________________________________________________________________________

I’m in a bad place right now. Or to be more accurate I’ve been in a bad place for a while but I have had a few reprieves over the years that allowed me to delude myself that maybe things were changing. They weren’t. I’m very, very low.


Something needs to change in me or my life. Maybe both. I am unhappy and I don’t want to be unhappy anymore. I’ve been stuck in the same ‘place’ the same ‘conversation’ the same ‘argument’ for 20 years or more: “Why can’t I make any forward progress? What is wrong with me?”



I truly believe that I am a good person. I have skills and talents and ideas that are worthy of recognition. I believe I have something of worth and value to bring to the world.



Nonetheless despite believing in myself, my education, being ‘liked and respected’ I keep getting doors slammed in my face. I have neither the money nor the personal connections to help me rise above a lifetime of poverty. Yes, I said it POVERTY and I’m WHITE. I earn $5K -7K a year.



I don’t think it is possible to move up /make forward progress without assistance. Financial assistance and human. I see it everyday amongst the rich and wealthy. If you come from that world then family and friends provide opportunities for you, open doors help make connections, get you into jobs not available to anyone else maybe even create a job just for your needs and purposes. When you come from my side of the tracks to even suggest you need that kind of help is dismissed. It is outrageous to ‘expect’ people to help ‘just because YOU think you can do something’ you need to ‘prove yourself,’ ‘work hard,’ ‘make sacrifices.’



I’ve made sacrifices. More than most people might guess. I’ve suffered physical hardships in my life living without utilities, heat, and food. I’ve been ridiculed and marginalized. I’ve struggled and been at the bottom of more ladders than I can count. And I’ve lied about my happiness so others wouldn’t feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. The thinking that ‘everything happens for a reason’ is, in my experience, BS. Things happen because people either have the help they need or they don’t.



I need assistance. I am asking for assistance, I am begging. Something needs to change I can’t continue to be viewed as a loser by others and particularly not by myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the neighbors dumb (I wish!) dog barked me into a fury and who can sleep when furious? I go downstairs to take my mind off the d*#$ dog and hit the internet. I hadn't checked your blog in awhile and wahlah. A cry for assistance. Maybe things do happen for a reason. I don't think you are a loser. Of course, I'm not from one of those affluent families who can open doors for you, either. But I do have a heart and I know how to listen. Would that be enough? At least it's a start.