Friday, April 10, 2009

9 Days and counting


On Sunday April 19 I will do the Girls With Gears ride - 10 miles - to support Carol For Heart.

I have raised $150 towards my $250 goal. Sigh.

I haven't ridden at all for just over a year. I have been hitting the gym pretty hard and started working with a trainer once a week. I'm hoping that will help. I reviewed last years 15 mile route and was instantly intimidated. What are "gently rolling hills" to someone who rides regularly are the AlpeD'Huez to me.

Nonetheless, my trainer has taught me many great lessons. One of them being that many things that logic dictates are impossible are more than easily overcome by ones state of mind. So I WILL finish this ride. I can't say what physical state I will be in when I'm done but I will finish.

Diane and our friend Mary are joining me in the quest. I am looking forward to the free lunch at the end.

I have cleaned and re-lubed Diane's chain. I am re-taping her handle bars. Never did change the rear wheel but Kimba didn't puncture the tube and the tires are still holding air so we're good to go there.

SERIOUSLY MISSING BIKETOPIA!

If yu want to make a contribution towards my ride you may do so online. Just enter my name in the "Donating on Behalf" line. Just $10 from 10 people will allow me to reach my goal! Use this link:


http://carolforheart.org/default.asp?p=support_us


I will try and take some pics at the event and post afterward.

No comments: